We know that in business there are some real challenges, that once overcome, will have a knock on effect of assisting you with success.
Spectra Coaching aims to assist your business in preparing for and making decisions that will lead to future success.
At Spectra, our services include:
- Meeting facilitation (read more below)
- Shareholder meetings
- Strategic planning
- Building team culture
- Brainstorming sessions
- Brainstorming for joint proposals
- Added value to in-house training
- family business transition meetings (succession planning)
If you would like to know more about how we can help your business with its planning and decision-making, or if you would like a quote, contact us today.
It’s hard to get the most out of a group session where you want to give your input, but you also need to guide the group.
- Guiding a group towards decisions and actions, where there is a shared acceptance and feeling of responsibility is an important task.
- If the group owns the decisions and actions, then they are more likely to work towards these with motivation and purpose.
- Have you considered being ‘in’ the meeting rather than running it? As a leader, you also can be a contributor, rather than a facilitator.
At Spectra Coaching, meeting facilitation is one of our key services. Read more about how we approach meeting facilitation.
What is a meeting facilitator?
There is a natural connection between coaching and facilitation. Coaches are trained to hold safe and non-judgmental spaces and accept responses, this creates authenticity and intimacy. Connecting these skills with the facilitation space fosters group learning by leveraging diversity, differences, and emotions and supports shift of unhealthy conflict to healthy debate.
We use the PQL Framework (Preparation- Questioning- Listening).
- Preparation: How to create trust and positive alliances whilst leveraging group diversity and differences.
- Questioning: Great questions create conscious impact and foster new ideas and solutions.
- Listening: Being present, coming from a place of non-judgment, demonstrating empathy is a catalyst to transform conflict into a healthy debate.
We work with your to plan and prepare your session, to understand what your goals are, who is in the group, and any concerns you may have. We then guide the meeting / day itself for you. Being external to your group allows us to freely ask questions, to see opinions and thoughts from a different perspective, and it allows us to move the group forward without any concerns of judgement.
Examples of meeting facilitation
Engaging a Facilitator is perfect for:
- Business planning days
- Idea workshops
- Team building / understanding
- Growth strategy
- Stakeholder engagement
- Leadership development
IAF Certified™ Professional Facilitator
Sharon is an IAF CertifiedTM Professional Facilitator. The IAF CertifiedTM Professional Facilitator (CPF) is the professional designation for IAF members who demonstrate having Core Facilitator Competencies. The Core Competencies represent a fundamental set of skills, knowledge, and behaviours that support effective facilitation in a wide variety of contexts.
The CPF designation benefits both facilitators and their clients. Facilitators achieve a formal certification and undertake valuable self-reflection and learning. For clients, working with a CPF provides an assurance that the facilitator has met the internationally recognised standard for effective facilitation of group processes.
Sharon facilitated a planning day for Pitstop Marketing that brought us outcomes that exceeded my expectations. She spent time understanding the business and the people, and her creative methods not only brought us to a great space in terms of where the business needs to be, but also brought us together even more as a team.
As an independent contractor, my certification is not only reassuring for my clients but provides feedback for me about my strengths and development needs as a facilitator.
CPF 2007, Sydney, Australia